Here's a collection of our favourite views, reviews and general thoughts about the various ways Mums and Dads use BrainPOP UK. If you want to see what all the fuss is about, take out a trial to BrainPOP UK today and see for yourself!
"My 10 year old daughter loves BrainPOP UK. Here's why:"
- It’s great for people who think in pictures. It suits visual learning styles and it's perfect for children with a short attention span or for busy people who don’t have time to watch long programmes.
- The range and choice of subjects is fascinating, informative and seems to be well-researched.
- The illustrations are great.
- The tone seems just right, even in subjects that could be controversial or difficult to explain to children.
- Clips can be watched at a time that is convenient for the user, any time of day or night.
- Very educational, but the children are having so much fun, they don’t notice how much they are learning about the world until they impress their parents with something that even they don’t know. And then, when you ask them how they know, they’ll probably say they heard it on BrainPOP.
- School is so long nowadays and sitting at a desk all day can be very tedious for a child. BrainPOP is so much fun and so different from being talked at by a teacher, that my daughter begs to watch a few more clips even when we’re short of time.
- I have recommended BrainPOP to friends and they seem very impressed and pleased that such resources exist.
- Clips can be watched many times, either because of the humour or to consolidate learning.
- The content offers something for a huge range of ages – I would say from 7 to a 100+
“Very educational, but the children are having so much fun, they don’t notice how much they are learning about the world until they impress their parents with something that even they don’t know. And then, when you ask them how they know, they’ll probably say they heard it on BrainPOP.
...I know that I don’t need to check the content before I allow access to it...I know that whatever she is listening to within BrainPOP UK is entirely appropriate.
...her time on BrainPOP UK is time well spent, as she is being exposed to important matters that the school might not cover.”
Merita Lumley, Mum, 13/05/10
Expert Seal of Approval
Parenting expert, Sue Atkins, loves exploring BrainPOP, 09/03/12
“A big part of me is dreading when Miss L comes home from school and needs my help with her maths homework. But now I needn’t worry as I’ll just call on Tim and Moby, my new BFF, when she asks me about the Theorem of Pythagoras.”
Scribbling Mum, 13/06/11
Homework can be exciting
“Who says that the messenger has to be dull or boring.”
HonieBuk (HonieMummy) 14/06/11
“I’ve just been looking at the videos and while they may be a bit beyond my 16 month-old, this is a site I’ll remember and re-visit.”
Tanya (Bump2Basics) 14/06/11
Challenging topics tackled head on
“Before I allowed Esther to sit and use it I checked out a good number of the videos and topics available to see how sensitive issues such as reproduction, war and notorious people in history were dealt with...I was very impressed. Issues are not skirted around, but are dealt with sensitively and I felt, in an age appropriate manner... I would not worry about Esther accessing this site without me being in the same room. Safe surfing!"
Stacey Newman, Home Educating Mum, 29/06/10
Helping home education
We laugh a lot whilst working with BrainPOP UK – which absolutely re-inforces the learning process...During their own free time, they choose to go on BrainPOP UK and watch interesting movies, so I know they find learning with this site fun (it’s also a great and safer alternative to TV/Internet).
Sister Janet Icha, Home Educator, 29/09/09
On the go? There’s an App for that
“My 7YO loved the App, even the too cool for gushing 15YO was also very impressed…Aimed at 7-14 year olds, but personally I think it is interesting to a much wider age range too.”
Freckles family, 25/02/11
The tragedy of no internet access
“After a week away, son is now catching up on the @BrainPOP_UK site... he missed it "lots" apparently!”
“Thank you so much for the fantastic freebies you sent Owen as a thank you :) The packaging was so lovely we didn't want to tear them open lol…Thanks again :)”
Charlotte Delo, Facebook
Would you like to appear on this page? Email us and you could see your comments here too.