These competition terms and conditions shall be binding on you when entering any competition(s) operated by us, our sponsors or any company or website owned or controlled by us.
In addition to these general competition rules, other specific terms and conditions may also apply to a particular competition. We will post any such specific competition rules on our website.
- Competitions are open to all UK residents and all age groups, except for employees of BrainPOP UK and any company associated to the specific competition, their families, or anyone else who is professionally associated with the competition.
- BrainPOP UK assumes that by using the website and entering the Competition you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules. If a Competition is only open to a certain age group (e.g. 18 and over), this will be set out in the Competition Notice and BrainPOP UK assumes that by entering the Competition you are the appropriate age to enter.
- Only one entry per person is permitted, unless otherwise stated. Automated entries will be invalidated, including multiple entries from the same IP.
- The closing date is as specified in the relevant competition. This will always be a time and date in the UK. Where a time is not given, the closing time will be 11.59pm (UK time) on the relevant day.
- Proof of sending post/email/SMS, making a phone call or completing an online entry, is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
- All entries must be received by the closing date specified in the individual promotion/competition rules. All eligible entries received by the closing date have an equal chance of winning. Entries not submitted in accordance with the rules or incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified.
- Competitions are open to customers and non-customers. No purchase is necessary.
- The draw will take place on the date stated in the individual competition rules and winners will be formally notified (by email, post or phone) within 21 days of the closing date. Full details of the prize will be given upon notification. Prizes must be claimed on or before the date stated in the individual competition rules.
- Any prize will be awarded to the first valid entry drawn at random by an independent, supervised individual. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into by BrainPOP UK in relation to that decision.
- Any prize is as specified in the individual competition rules. No alternative prizes may be requested although BrainPOP UK reserves the right to alter arrangements or prizes should this be unavoidable. There is no cash alternative and prizes cannot be transferred to any other person.
- BrainPOP UK will not be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part or not being able to take part in a competition.
- It is a condition of entry that any winner consents to their name to be published on the website for at least 14 days after the closing date. No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details supplied by sponsors.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose the competition without prior notice.
- Use of false name or address, e.g. name by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize. BrainPOP UK reserves the right to oblige any potential winner to provide documentary proof of their identity and address as directed by BrainPOP UK before such person may claim their prize.
- We will keep your personal details for a reasonable time so that we can send you any prize that you have won, to verify that these rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes. We may pass your details on to our service providers and agents for the purposes of sending you the prize on our behalf.
- These rules are governed by English law.
- To be entered into a BrainPOP UK competition, entrants must complete their details in the manner specified for each competition. Your entry is valid provided you give us your contact details.
- We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time. By entering any competition all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the competition material.
- The competition promoter is BrainPOP UK, registered office: 1st Floor, Barclay House, 242-254 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 7BY. Registered number 06542669. Enquiries relating to the competition (including enquiries about the name of the eventual winner or the personal data collected about you as a result of your entry) should be sent to BrainPOP UK at the above address.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and BrainPOP UK reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
- You can contact us in relation to any Competition by emailing email@example.com or you can use our web form. Help page available here: http://www.brainpop.co.uk/support/help/.