There’s a linchpin role available at BrainPOP UK right now - Office Manager. But don’t be fooled by the simplicity of the job title.
We know there are people out there who work magic for their companies and team – the sort of folks who seem to underpin everything that makes a successful business tick. They have a sixth sense about operational, business and team needs.
People like this seem to engender implicit trust from their colleagues. When push comes to shove they will be the one everyone turns to, to calmly use all their skills to get things running smoothly once more.
We’ve all worked with, or know of, superstar professionals who fit that description. Why, you may even be one, so don’t be afraid to admit your awesomeness. If you or someone you know fits the bill, then give BrainPOP a try.
Please read the below and send in a covering letter, links to your Linked In profile, Twitter etc. and/or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The deadline for applications is 16th March so get moving if you want to be considered.
- The job is permanent, full time and based in central Oxford.
- Min 2 years experience in similar role
- Bookkeeping skills
- Budget forecasting & management
- High attention to detail, exceptional organisation skills and the ability to multitask
- IT literate
- Comfortable using own initiative, resourceful, problem solving attitude
- Ability to work in a small team (be flexible)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and the ability to build strong relationships with suppliers
- CRM experience / data management (Netsuite CRM, ACT! CRM)
- Previous experience in an online business
- Previous experience in Education Sector
- HR experience
- Health & Safety / First Aid trained
Aim of role:
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, this role includes financial duties, general facilities management, recruitment, administration and PA duties, as well as database maintenance and event and diary management.
The most important consideration is the ability to maintain the bookkeeping duties in a timely and efficient manner, such as creating and sending invoices, chasing payments & reconciling bank accounts (see responsibilities, below, for more info).
The ideal candidate for this position will have a flexible, organised and pro-active approach, with good WP & Excel skills, data experience, good typing and the ability to multi-task. Sound and credible experience in a similar role will be required.
You will be a self-motivated, well presented individual with a proven background in organisation and administration as well as the ability to influence others successfully, negotiate with suppliers with a professional and helpful manner, and happy to work in a rapidly developing SME environment.
As Office Manager, you will also be responsible for the day to day operations of the company, this includes some marketing and event management, business continuity planning, as well as ensuring the office runs well.
About half the job is:
- Bookkeeping for the BrainPOP UK division including:
- Daily bookkeeping duties (customer invoicing, recording supplier invoices, staff expenses, etc.)
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Managing supplier payments
- VAT returns
- Accounts preparation
- Balancing books
- Liaising with external Accountant
The other half is mostly:
- Managing budgets and cash flow forecasts and ensuring financial systems are followed
- Providing PA support to the UK team & Business – organising and maintaining diaries and fulfilling appointments, travel and accommodation arrangements
- Using information systems and preparing reports and statistics for internal and external use
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and the international teams
- Event management along with organising and facilitating a variety of social activities
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
- Dealing with correspondence and writing letters, taking dictation and minutes
- Organising and attending meetings, and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings
- Ordering office supplies, including new equipment
- Dealing with incoming e-mail, faxes and post