“BrainPOP have created beautifully animated videos with accompany quiz testing features…that will suit the classroom learning environment or will do well to support extended learning at home.”
What is the EAS Certification?
It’s all about “determining what makes a good educational app”.
Here’s what EAS says:
“There are over 100,000 educational apps available in the stores. A lot of them overlap and are in similar subjects therefore, it is important to be able to identify what makes a good educational app. We created the EAS Certification in order to benchmark the apps against a set of pedagogical criteria and academic research. Our community of teachers review and rate the app using our pedagogical EAS Certification.
- A strong association with learning outcomes (whether curriculum or non-curriculum based).
- Interactivity with the learner via correction and feedback on any questions that are set.
- An ease of use of the app so that the learner does not need any guidance and teach one’s self if necessary.
- A variety of levels in the app so that learners can progress and different levels of learning within the same age-group can be taken into account.
- The ability to collaborate on work with others and co-create.
- The impetus to motivate learners to go beyond the apps and find more information on the subject at hand.
- The impetus to engage learners and hold their attention to fulfil learning objectives.
- Clear pricing, no in-app purchases and privacy controls.
- Good quality, design and sound features.
- Content without errors in subject matter and/or spelling.”
This criteria means that only the most educationally valuable apps receive the EAS certification. We were identified as useful for:
- Cognitive Development
- Critical Thinking
- Life Skills
- Academic Relevance
Give our app a try – it’s free, can be linked to existing BrainPOP site subscriptions and is available for both Apple and Android devices.