Our Evaluators program is a new way to help you (and us) get the best from your evaluation. Our regular free trial is still available as normal but we’re now offering the chance for a few schools in each Local Authority to become “BrainPOP Evaluators”.
As an Evaluator, in return for 8 weeks FREE access to www.brainpop.co.uk, a school commits to:
- Providing a case study (500-750 words + any accompanying multimedia) on a topic picked from a list e.g. SATS focus, Transition, POPquizzes, Geography, Remediation, VLE focus on Moodle, using BrainPOP UK as a homework resource and lots, lots more. Or whatever idea you like! As long as it’s focused on the use of BrainPOP UK in your school/classroom in whatever way appeals to you.
- Making themselves available to a Local Authority for feedback in the event of an authority wide purchase being considered.
We are also very interested to hear how you might combine BrainPOP UK with other tools and if BrainPOP resources inspired any classroom activities e.g. the Poetry movie encouraged a burst of creative haiku writing!
Evaluator schools are given personal attention by the BrainPOP UK team to make sure they have all the inspiration and support they need to enjoy and get maximum value from their extended trial.
Case studies will be used by BrainPOP UK:
- As a way to help us promote BrainPOP UK best practice
- To help us understand how we can improve BrainPOP UK
How it works:
- You tell us you’re interested.
- If we have some spaces available we will send you a simple form, where you indicate your case study topic and tell us when you want to start.
- When we get that back we send you your trial login details.
- During the 8 weeks you work on your chosen case study throughout the evaluation period, gathering feedback from colleagues and students.
- After 8 weeks are up email us your completed case study form.
- Subscribe to BrainPOP UK or simply let the trial expire.
Is this open to everyone?
It is open to all types of educational services, but there are only a few spaces available in each authority. If you already subscribe to BrainPOP UK then an extended free trial is of no use to you but we’re always interested in hearing how you’re using BrainPOP UK in the classroom (if you do subscribe and submit a case study I’m sure we can find a BrainPOP UK goodie or two as a thank you). This is open to subscribers too.
So this is really for those schools that want to give BrainPOP UK a proper evaluation – spread the login round the school, invite contributions from colleagues, discuss best practice and so on.
This is also open to International schools that follow a UK curriculum and Local Authorities who want a more in-depth analysis from a local school.
Teachers don’t have time to do this! We’re a busy school!
We know teachers are very busy; very busy indeed. Becoming an Evaluator will help you put a framework around your trial experience with BrainPOP UK. You can make your case study in whichever way you like, as creatively as you like. Above all, we want it to be enjoyable. You can drop out or give up at any point. You are not obligated to do anything.
You can still take out the normal free trial.
Can I see an example?
At time of writing this is a new thing for BrainPOP UK. So have a read of this evaluation by one of our pilot Evaluator schools: Saltash.net Community School by Dan Roberts, Assistant Head teacher. Dan also runs a successful blog where you can read about how he approached his Evaluation: Do your sudents like to BrainPOP?.
Do I have to buy BrainPOP UK to do this?
Nope. You only need to evaluate it. You may find that at the end of the evaluation BrainPOP UK isn’t for you. No problem. Simply let the trial lapse. We’d still expect your case study as it’s just as important to understand what we can do better. Your perspective will help.
How do I apply to become a BrainPOP Evaluator?
Email us with the following information to email@example.com:
- Your name
- Your position
- Your school type e.g. Secondary school
- Your postcode
If there’s a slot available we’ll let you know and set you up. If you’ve any other questions please add them below or get in touch.