Welcome back to school, all our fellow BrainPOPpers and POPettes, old and new.
We hope your summer break was a proper break. We know the sun only made a few appearances but when it did we hope you got out there and enjoyed it.
You might have read about some of the stuff that’s coming up from BrainPOP UK this Autumn term? Well, it’s time to draw back the curtains and announce some of them in more detail.
- Our new Curriculum browse tool. We’re going back to the drawing board with this one. It will allow all our users to quickly and efficiently find and view a BrainPOP UK movie by a number of different curricula. And it will even be exportable as a Flash widget to plug into a webpage.
- POPboxes – we’re very excited about these. Soon you will be able to pick a favourite BrainPOP UK movie and embed it into your very own VLEs and Blog pages. There will be different flavours available depending on whether you have subscribed to BrainPOP UK or not. The official announcement on how to get one is coming soon.
- POP Press! – Our new termly email newsletter – keep up to date with all things BrainPOP UK as the year progresses.
- Complete tagging for the new Curriulum for Excellence for Scotland – every single one of our movies, old and new, will very soon be browsable by this curriculum AND the old 5-14 curriculum. We’ll be at the Scottish Learning Festival and the Teachmeet if anyone wants to chat about it.
- We love BrainPOP UK…stuff. BrainPOP UK Tshirts, Moby and Tim cut out masks, Moby badges, BrainPOP UK posters, stickers…there’s going to be lots of fun resources to use as creatively as you like in your class or win in competitions. All we’re interested in is hearing about how you used them.
- New and exclusive UK only movies on UK specific subjects – we’re keeping these hush-hush for now but we will be announcing them when we’re ready.
- We’ll be on the look out for BrainPOP UK schools to do case studies, provide testimonials, write blog posts and help us test new technology in the classroom. If this is something you want to do you know how to contact us.
- More fun on our Facebook group, our Twitter feed, our Youtube channel.
- 160+ new movies are coming! Quick! Get your lesson plans ready, ladies and gentlemen, because you are soon going to be treated to movies such as:
- Rise of the Roman Empire
- Adding and subtracting integers
- The computer mouse
- The Cold War
- Sun protection
- Roald Dahl
- The Lord of the Flies
- Mahatma Gandhi
- Did I say there’s going to be a movie on Bogies? I didn’t? Well, there is.
- And Pirates! Garr!
We’ll be blogging the full list at a later date so keep an eye out.
So there’s lots of BrainPOPpy awesomeness coming your way. We are bursting with ideas on how to help you use technology to engage your students.
Work with us to make the ideas go from theory to classroom practice. And have enormous fun along the way.