From Wednesday 22nd to Saturday 25th January 2014 we’ll be at the world famous BETT exhibition. It’s kind of like Glastonbury for elearning, but with less mud and people dressed as druids. Come and see us on Stand B200, near the center, next door to the Learn Live arena.
What can you expect from BrainPOP this year?
- An exclusive 30 day free trial to BrainPOP UK, BrainPOP Jr, and BrainPOP ESL
- Personal demos by experienced BrainPOPpers of our range of learning resources
- Play with our GameUp games, including new ones launching at BETT
- Try out our BETT Awards finalist apps for Apple and Android devices. They’re free too so if you can get a decent wireless signal you can download them on the spot
- Meet a VIB (Very Important BrainPOPper) – classroom practitioners that use BrainPOP in class and have kindly volunteered to work alongside the BrainPOP crew for a few hours, showing others how they use BrainPOP in their schools
- Presentations and TeachMeet Takeovers throughout the show
- Take home handful of a Moby badges for your pupils, and some of our special BETT only Digital Leader badges
- A chance to get a hug and photo from Moby, our resident robot. This year he will happily do a selfie with you.
What else are we up to?
At 16:30pm on Wednesday 22nd January we’re co-hosting a live panel discussion on games based learning titled “Playing Games – Does gaming offer effective learning contexts?” in the MirandaNet lounge. The line of contributors is amazing and it’s free to attend.
In the evening we’re very honoured to be attending as finalists at the BETT Awards. Keep everything you’ve got crossed for us!
At 11am Friday 24th January we’re welcoming Tim Handley & Class to present on our stand on the topic of “Top 20 apps in 15 mins”. Mr Handley’s class are old hands at presenting at BETT and it’ll be well worth 15 mins of your time to stop and listen to the kids. You may even pick up some great app tips!
Almost straight after at 12pm we’re extremely happy to host a TeachMeet Takeover by Lisa Stevens (@lisibo). At time of writing the subject is TBC but she’s always an entertaining and wise speaker, so don’t be late!
Throughout the show you can also experience BrainPOP on some of our partner’s stands.
- Samsung (stand B98) will be hosting BrainPOP presentations on Wednesday and Thursday, as well as showing our range of Android apps on a dedicated BrainPOP Pod.
- We are also now available through RM Unify, their new single sign on solution. Visit them on stands C240/250 to see it in action.
- Dell (stand B368) will be welcoming an educator from Denmark, who has been trialling BrainPOP on her class set of Windows 8.1 devices, and will be presenting on her experience as part of their “Orchestrating the 1:1 Classroom” sessions.
No doubt more exciting stuff will pop up as we get closer to the event but we hope to see lots of BrainPOPpers there, old and new. See you on the 22nd!
PS: Have you our “7 Must Read Ideas That Will Inspire You To Get The Best From BETT” for our hints and tips how to get the best from BETT?