We think there are 4 different types of BrainPOP users.
- “I know exactly what I’m looking for and I know how to get there”
- “I’ll just browse until I see something interesting”
- “What’s new, Moby?”
- “I’m really interested in this, I wonder if they’ve got anything on it?”
If you fall into the last category we’ve got some news for you! We’ve totally overhauled our Search tool. Yay!
1. Explore and discover topics and resources
- Can’t quite remember what your Maths teacher was saying about Fractions today? The search tool should get you there and help you discover related topics too. A quick search for fractions and you’ll master fractions (or at least get 2/3 of the way there) in no time.
- You’ll also find Spotlight suggestions appear when you search. For example, a search for “Stars” reveals our star-related topics AND our “Starship BrainPOP” space-themed spotlight.
2. Predictive search
The new auto-complete feature means you don’t have to be a spelling whiz. If spelling isn’t your strong point, have a play with the search – you’ll see a number of options appear in the auto-complete without having to type many letters at all. As a teacher this will really boost support for any low level literacy students.
3. Search everything
The search doesn’t only return topics and spotlights – you can now search across the whole site.
- Want to embed a POPbox? Instructions will come up in the search.
- Need a quick introduction to BrainPOP? The story starts with a search.
- Want to know what teachers/parents/kids think of BrainPOP? Search for it!
We hope the improved search function makes life just that little bit easier for you and your kids.
So what are you waiting for? We’ve got what you’re looking for, just search.